M
Posted By
Maxying
Apr 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have readed the File Format document in Photoshop Advanced SDK. I try to write a tool to load PSD file and display it. Now, I have some trouble in reading PSD file. Is "Channel" the same meaning in Document and in Photoshop software? I think "Channel" is for the whole photo but not one layer, like Red, Green, Blue, RGB, so I use rows * channels when I read the merged image data in Image Data Section. And I also find the sentence ¡°2 Number of channels in the layer¡±in TABLE 1.17 Layer records in page 25, how can I unpack the image data in layer? Is the same as unpacking the merged image data? The explanation about Image data is not same in TABLE 1.20 Channel image data and TABLE 1.61 Image data section. Who can tell me how to unpack the image data in layer?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 21, 2005
You need to send your questions to the sdk mailing list, not the user to user forum.
M
Maxying
Apr 22, 2005
Thanks for your reply! How can I do that?
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 22, 2005
See the instructions and information that came with the SDK….

And since the PSD file format documentation is restricted access, most people won’t be able to help you (especially not in a public forum).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections