HW
Posted By
Holly_Walden
Apr 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anybody know if there is a Windows keyboard shortcut for the Crop command? Not the crop tool, but the menu command.

Thanks!
– Holly

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PA
Patti Anderson
Apr 21, 2005
Alt+Ctrl+C
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 21, 2005
Holly, I assume you are using CS.

All menu command shortcuts are right there on the right hand side of the drop-down menus!
AP
Andrew_Pietrzyk
Apr 21, 2005
In PS CS (Edit> Keyboard Shortcuts) make it whatever you want it to be.
HW
Holly_Walden
Apr 21, 2005
Thanks Patti & Chris!

Yes I know Chris, but there isn’t one listed for CROP. I even tried to look this up in a Photoshop shortcuts book once and couldn’t find it listed there either!

I’m looking for a shortcut to crop the image when I have an area selected using the marquee tool.

I’m having trouble getting Alt+Ctrl+C to work for me, even though C got me to the Crop Tool (not exactly what I was looking for). What am I doing wrong?

– holly
HW
Holly_Walden
Apr 21, 2005
Andrew,
Oh fabulous!!! I’ve only had CS for about a month now and I am LOVING these new features!

Thank you so much! I set it to Alt+Ctrl+C upon Patti’s suggestion!

– Holly
AP
Andrew_Pietrzyk
Apr 21, 2005
You’re welcome Holly, enjoy.
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 21, 2005
Holly.

Are you using Photoshop CS?

Do other Keyboard shortcuts work? Ctrl+S Ctrl+D for instance?

Are you looking under the ‘Image’ menu?

By the way, an alternative, slightly less elegant, shortcut is Alt+I then P.

The Alt+I opens the Image Menu and the P activates the crop command. Notice the underscore under the letter P in Crop. This method can be quite intuitive and works with many of the menu commands.

EDIT: I see you’ve sorted things out whilst I was typing. Best of luck with it, and enjoy the delights of Photoshop. (CS2 looks even better!)
A
angus
Apr 27, 2005
For those of you not using CS, I’ve had a shortcut for crop since PS 5. Just write an action and set a key combination for it. For years now F3 has been my crop button.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections