TL
Posted By
T_Lane
Sep 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since installing the 9.02 update, the Ctrl + Shift + Alt + E keyboard shortcut no longer functions (it used to add a new layer that was a merged copy of all other layers):

1. Has anyone else noticed this change?

2. Is there an alternative approach to quickly accomplish the same task?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ted

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 14, 2006
My CS2 version 9.0.2 works fine with Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E to stamp visible just as before the upgrade.
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 14, 2006
As does mine.

However, the "alternative" approach is to click and hold the alt key, click and hold Layers, drag down to Merge Visible, then release.
C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 14, 2006
Works here too. Could your Preferences file have become corrupt? See the FAQs for hot to reset it.
A
avioli
Sep 14, 2006
The Alt-Layers/Merge visible is a fine option. Instead a quick action can be done – Select All, Copy merged, Paste. You can then bind a shortcut to it.

wrote:
Since installing the 9.02 update, the Ctrl + Shift + Alt + E keyboard shortcut no longer functions (it used to add a new layer that was a merged copy of all other layers):

1. Has anyone else noticed this change?

2. Is there an alternative approach to quickly accomplish the same task?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ted
TL
T_Lane
Sep 16, 2006
Thanks for the replies. For some reason, it is now working again… I don’t know if I had another program open that was interfering, or what, but I am pleased it is working again.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Ted

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections