S
Posted By
SteveSutcliffe
Apr 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What file do you edit to change those lists of presets?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
SteveSutcliffe
Apr 29, 2005
Well I seemed to have figured out the answer to my own question. I don’t know if anyone else is interested in that issue but here is what you do to mod those pesky defaults. I downloaded a free unicode text editor (the one included with WordPad.exe does NOT work with these Photoshop files, they just come out as giberish). I used Crimson Editor which works great (www.download.com has it).

Second, I opened the file in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS\Required\Default New Doc Sizes.txt

It will pull up the list and show you a bunch of the presets in there, that you can edit by their example. Just take care as you edit the changes (save a backup copy first). But it looks as though you can edit whatever you want. It is a bit tricky to add the rulers (as you can see by the DVD menu examples).

Personally, I think Adobe should let you create a template out of a page that is already open, that way you could easily make a page with rulers, & size, etc.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections