Posted By
Dracune
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!

I created in Photoshop 7 (PC) an image that had a background photo in one layer and some text in another layer. It was saved as a .PSD file, so all the layers and text could be worked in the future.

The problem is when I try to open it on another friend’s computer which only has the Photoshop 5.5, it doesn’t recognize the text as editable text, as it was saved, but as a picture with the contour all jagged.

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
tacitr
Dec 30, 2003
The problem is when I try to open it on another friend’s computer which only has the Photoshop 5.5, it doesn’t recognize the text as editable text, as it was saved, but as a picture with the contour all jagged.

Correct. Photoshop 6 and later saves editable text as vectors; Photoshop 5.5 and earlier do not. there’s no way to make text created in 6 or later editable in 5.5 or earlier. Sorry.

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
B
Brian
Dec 30, 2003
Adelaide wrote:
Hi!

I created in Photoshop 7 (PC) an image that had a background photo in one layer and some text in another layer. It was saved as a .PSD file, so all the layers and text could be worked in the future.

Most software applications cannot open files saved in the native format of a newer version, the logic being that the newer version didn’t exist when the older one was created. (And, when they can, it’s usually a fluke.)

Sorry, your friend will have to upgrade to v7, or you will have to work in 5.5 when saving files that you know he/she needs to have full access to.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections