AA
Posted By
Angie Allendorf
Aug 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m very new to PS7 (Windows) and I’m trying to update text in a document given to me (which I think was done on a Mac). Revision is due next week!
1. What format does the document need to be in order to edit the text?
2. I can type text but CANNOT get into the original text to change it.
I’ve looked at tutorials and Help but the instructions don’t work when I try them in this document. Can anyone help? (I suspect it’s the old chair-keyboard interface problem again!) Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BobHill
Aug 28, 2003
Angie,

You are posting in the PhotoShop Elements forum and are using full PhotoShop .. a different product and they have their own forum. You may wish to check there for a more intensive answer. Having said that, text editing is done in text layer. If, however, the layer(s) have been flattened into the image, there is no text any longer (as text anyway). It’s been rasterized into the image and now is just pixels with no ability to edit as text. You’d have to edit/modify as you would any part of the raster image. Are you looking at a PSD or TIFF file? If not, then all layers have automatically been flattened upon the save and you need to see if the master file exists as a PSD or TIFF format.

Bob
AA
Angie Allendorf
Aug 28, 2003
Bob,
Thanks for your response. As you can obviously see, I’m also new to the forum scene. It’s amazing how much can be learned by jumping in and just doing it–I eventually figured out that the text is indeed part of the image and cannot be edited as such. I appreciate the info nonetheless. On to the next challenge, and the correct forum!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections