SR
Posted By
Schraven Robert
Aug 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Via a thread in this forum I picked up a website where you can download the famous curves tool. I understand that to add something to PE you cannot simply download. The plug in(?) has to be put some where in the soft ware.
This is new for me and I don’t want to corrupt PE2 by doing something silly. What happens for instance if you upgrade to PE3? Or did Adobe the wise thing and added this tool in 3?
Please share some experience.

Robert

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SR
Schraven Robert
Aug 25, 2003
Bob, thank you for the explanation. I still want the curves though.

Leen,

I believe I have the US/British-version as I got mine via Amazon.com.

Robert
BP
Bob Polk
Aug 25, 2003
I bought Richard Lynchs book "The Hiddenpower of Elements2" which comes with a CD that includes curves, masking and much more. Best buy I’ve made. Check it out on Amazon.com.
Bob
SR
Schraven Robert
Aug 25, 2003
Bob,

you got there exactly at the same time as I posted the previous message. That book you are referring to, does that include downloadable curves?

Robert
P
Phosphor
Aug 26, 2003
Robert,

It’s not so much "locked" as they didn’t put it on the menu or give it a shortcut. Since it isn’t a fully fleshed out function, you can create a curves layer but once you click ok, the layer isn’t editable. If you need to make a change you can either delete the layer and redo it or add another curves layer. I hope PE3 makes it a standard fully functional capability like any other adjustment layer.

The biggest thing to watch out for is making sure you install it in the English language version and that you follow the instructions. The biggest problem that seems to come up is that it didn’t work because it was installed in the wrong location.

It’s pretty benign, I wouldn’t worry about it messing up Elements. It adds all new folders and files with the exception of one or two html files (depending on whose add-in package you use it will replace the recipes main html file and/or the welcome html file). You can copy these html files to a safe location before installing if you want to be safe and provide for an easy restore.

Nancy and Bob have already mentioned that curves were available in Richard Lynch’s book if you don’t want to use the free Shipley add-in. Excellent book, I bought my copy pre-publication through Amazon. Well worth reading but definitely not a beginner’s book. Richard also has some additional free tools on his web site and/or in the Adobe Exchange.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections