CJ
Posted By
charles_j_williams
Nov 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is the feature Curves available in Photoshop elements or do you have to upgrade?

John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 3, 2003
Curves can be added to Elements through free third party plugins, which work beautifully. In order to get it natively you have to go to full Photoshop.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 3, 2003
Charles, here is one that I use for curves ( and other cool stuff ) for Elements . There is a seperate download for PE1 and for PE2.

<http://member.melbpc.org.au/~pshipley/Download.htm>
CJ
charles_j_williams
Nov 3, 2003
Thanks for the tip Beth I have followed Jodi’s suggestion and downloaded the plug-in however I cannot locate the curves feature as yet it should be under the Image pulldown menu or at least I thought so?

Thanks again
CJ
charles_j_williams
Nov 3, 2003
Jodi, Thanks I have loaded the download but cannot locate the Curves feature it is not under the Image pulldown menu, any suggestions?

Regards John
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 3, 2003
Charles I’m using PE1 and it’s located in the recipes under ‘ Xtra tools’ >layer adjustments. I’m thinking it may be in a different spot in PE2 but I don’t know where. Just keep looking until a PE2 user spots this and helps out. Wish i could be of more help.
JD
Juergen_D
Nov 3, 2003
John,

Did you check if all files extracted into the prescribed folders? If so, you should find Curves in the pallet well >Effects>Extra Tools

Juergen
CJ
charles_j_williams
Nov 3, 2003
Thanks Jodi, All OK that is exactly where it was, how did we manage before the web?
CJ
charles_j_williams
Nov 3, 2003
Juergen,

Thanks for the help, Curves was were you indicated.

Your help appreciated.

Cheers John
BP
Bob_Polk
Nov 4, 2003
Not sure why someone hasn’t mentioned it specifically, but Richard Lynch’s "The Hidden Power of Elements 2" provides cuves and much more.
Bob
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 4, 2003
Bob, it wasn’t mentioned specifically because it’s on touchy ground in terms of using the forum to promote commercial products not produced by Adobe. There was quite a ruckus a while back, and people now try to avoid being too blatant. Something free usually gets first mention.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections