Posted By
harvey_goldstein
May 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have 500mhz pent 3 with win xp.

have photoshop elements 2 and want to upgrade to 3. i noticed requirements for 3 call for 800mhz.

wil it work with my 500mhz?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MK
Mark_Kenwright
May 19, 2005
Harvey,

I have a Pentium 3 processor with a 1GHz clock speed running Win XP (SP2) with 256 Mb of RAM and although this does meet the minimum requirements on the box and it did still work, some of the more memory intensive features took quite some time to execute. There were awkward & unexpected pauses in things like the Liquify Tool and my ability to create custom slide shows in the organiser was non existent (the application simply crashed on me). However, I did go out and buy 512 Mb of more RAM (easy peasy to install) and my whole experience has been vastly and massively improved.

How much RAM do you have in your machine? Have you though about downloading the trial to test it first? Maybe others reading these boards can let you know if they are running the application on machines with lower specifications than are on the box?

Best Wishes.

Mark

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections