DL
Posted By
David L Cochran
Aug 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ been writing the same old question but no answer, I will try to book mark this one and maybe I can find it later with an answer?
The book is telling me to "CALIBRATE MONITOR" for color management. is that a real must need to do thing?? or can you use the program with out it? I mean who cares if your monitor color is different than your printed out put??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
brent bertram
Aug 22, 2003
David,
Most of us care about being able to print relatively accurately what we see on the display. Others want the assurance that someone else’s display will portray their image accurately.

You can use Elements without calibrating your monitor. Elements doesn’t care one way or the other <G> .

🙂

Brent
SR
Schraven Robert
Aug 23, 2003
David,

At first I worked PE on my then uncalibrated Monitor. After a while I found it annoying that the print showed more detail than I could see on the monitor. I asked this forum for advice and was told that calibration would be a good thing. Adobe does provide a calibration kit. I did the basic calibration and was quite pleased with the result.
Another thing is that you get better results from your monitor after it has been on for about half hour.
In this forum you will find a number of threads regarding calibration. Just do a search.

It is up to you.

Robert
NS
Nancy S
Aug 23, 2003
You know that David seems to be unable to view any of the replies???
SR
Schraven Robert
Aug 23, 2003
Not really.

Robert
BB
brent bertram
Aug 23, 2003
David,
If you become able to read replies, then try this link. It may explain why calibration, and why color management .
<http://www.normankoren.com/color_management.html> .

🙂

Brent

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections