Wacom tablet and Intellipoint mouse at the same time?

CB
Posted By
Chris_Bradley
Feb 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello. This problam may have already been addressed but I can’t find the answer. I am trying to use Photoshop CS with and old Wacom Graphire2. I also have an new Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 installed. my problem is, I cannot get the brush tool’s Shape Dynamics to take effect when using the tablet. I’m sure it has something to do with the two devices being installed at the same time. Is there a way to get Photoshop to differentiate between the two?

I’m also asking this question to the Wacom folks, so both sides can try to figure it out.

Thank you much.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Feb 9, 2004
Chris,

I’m using an even older serial port Wacom Art Pad II with a Bluetooth Intellimouse. I’ll try to remember and check tonight to see if I can duplicate your problem. I don’t recall having seen any problems as yet, but I don’t believe I’ve done much that depended upon Shape Dynamics either.

Regards,

Daryl
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 9, 2004
Did you check the Wacom configuration in Control Panel? there you should play with the tip setting. You can also make different setup schemes for different app’s.

I’m not at my magnificent PS machine now, but you should check the above.

BTW, I use a Wacom 2 together with a Logitech wireless mouse without conflicts. The wacom mouse is a brilliant idea (wireless, no batteries), but mine suffers from unrecoverable pointer shiver caused by RF from my monitor. The pen doesn’t.

Rob
AP
Alpha_Papa
Feb 9, 2004
I’ve PSCS, a USB Intuos 2 and a USB MS Wireless Elite Desktop operating at the same time with no conflicts.

Is your graphire serial or USB? USB results in no conflicts. Keep your mouse far away from your tablet, the cordless hub should have no impact.

If your tablet is USB, it could just be that it is on the way out.

Adam.
CB
Chris_Bradley
Feb 9, 2004
Thanks a lot for your help. Both of my devices are USB. Essentially, I go into the brush palette and turn on shape dynamics so that the pen pressure determines the size of stroke and it just won’t work. I can get only one size stroke. Its as if when I press down on the pen tool I am simply clicking and holding the mouse button.

Any suggestions are quite welcome and greatly appreciated.
AP
Alpha_Papa
Feb 9, 2004
Not meaning to hang around – but another quick and cheaper idea – could your pen need some maintenance?
CB
Chris_Bradley
Feb 9, 2004
Ok, I tried moving the mouse to the other side of the desk and everything started to work fine. Thanks guys. I’ll just throw my mouse in the corner when I use Photoshop.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Feb 10, 2004
I have the same problem with the Logitech. Both companies stated that to use them together, use the MS intellimouse software. It worked better, but I still lost functionality in the mouse.

I now keep the Wacom in a drawer.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections