RL
Posted By
RJ_Lacey
May 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After uninstalling the PS CS3 beta and running the Adobe clean script I installed the demo version of CS3. For some reason the install failed and the only component installed was Bridge. I ran the install again and everything seemed to go fine until I tried to run PS CS3 and was informed my trial period had run out. I also have CS and CS2 installed. Anybody know what went wrong?

Ron

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
RJ_Lacey
May 20, 2007
Btw CS3 Bridge is running fine.

Ron
C
chrisjbirchall
May 20, 2007
Same here. A new £49 (250GB) HD and a fresh install cured it.

The old HD is now a back-up drive. With drives costing so little these days, why would you spend the time and energy trying to sort sort our installation problems.

The bonus is, everything runs so much smoother after a fresh install.
RL
RJ_Lacey
May 20, 2007
I know formating the hard drive or installing a new one would likely allow me to run the demo but I’m not about to go to the trouble of re installing all my software and configuring the computer just to run the PS demo, aside from that the computer is in fine shape. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

Ron
JJ
John_Joslin
May 20, 2007
The purpose of a demo is to attract customers not to frighten them off!

Not everyone feels the need to buy a new drive (however cheap) just to run a demo.

Get real Chris!
RP
Russell_Proulx
May 21, 2007
Ron,

Change your system clock to May 1. You’ll then be able to install and run the Beta, deactivate it and then uninstall it. Next step is to run the uninstall script:

< http://download.macromedia.com/pub/creativesuite/script/3/wi ncs3clean.zip >

Then you can set your clock back to the present and install CS3.

Russell
RL
RJ_Lacey
May 21, 2007
Thanks Russel, I’ll give it a try.

Ron
C
chrisjbirchall
May 21, 2007
Get real Chris!

Just another perspective JJ.

I’ve got into the habit of doing a fresh install once a year at least. Think of it as an I.T. Detox. It clears out the cr4p and makes everything run better. 🙂

For what it’s worth, I’ve had none of the reported problems.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections