AS
Posted By
Aad_Schram
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Bitmap scan of an advertisement, rotate it 180° and suddenly the image is made up of blocks that don’t align anymore

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 5, 2004
Yes, known issue. Someone may know a workaround. I don’t.
P
PeterK.
Mar 5, 2004
I was just going to check this out. I tried out this bug on a bitmap before, and I believe that 180 degrees and one of the 90 degree rotations (I can’t remember if it was CW or CCW) showed problems. I was going to see if the 90 degree rotate in the other direction worked and suggest that you just do that twice get your image flipped 180, but it seems that the bug isn’t happening on my computer anymore, so I can’t even check to see whether or not that’s a valid suggestion! Now that’s strange… try it anyway though.
J
JasonSmith
Mar 5, 2004
If you rotate the canvas twice 90° CW, you can get a 180° rotation withouth the ‘effect’.

90°CCW is broken.
KU
ken_upham
Mar 5, 2004
I set an action for the clockwise rotation, but it’s still funny that PS can rotate a cmyk image at some arbitrary %, but can’t turn a bitmap. Seems like that would be an easy patch compared to some bugs.
TT
Toby_Thain
Mar 6, 2004
Workaround would be to use an earlier version without the bug, surely?
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 6, 2004
Yes, it’s a known problem on Multi Processor machines.

Disabling MP Support will fix it for the time being.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections