how to rotate image to a definite degree?

P
Posted By
PHPotato
Jan 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve used transform tool but want to be accurate.
Thanks;)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

D
Defoe
Jan 30, 2004
Image/rotate canvas/arbitrary

"PHPotato" wrote in message
Thanks;)

V
Voivod
Jan 30, 2004
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:44:50 +0800, "PHPotato" scribbled:

Thanks;)

Image -> rotate canvas -> arbitrary

On in the image transform bar enter the degree you want
in the ‘set rotation’ box.
BV
Branko Vukelic
Jan 30, 2004
PHPotato wrote:

Thanks;)

Image -> Rotate Canvas, if that’s what you’re looking for…

Also, you may use the "Measure Tool" to specify a line that needs to be parrallel to the horisontal or vertical edge. Then go to Image -> Rotate Canvas -> Arbitrary and hit OK. Try it out if you don’t understand what I’m trying to say. ;o)

Branko Vukelic ()
E
edjh
Jan 30, 2004
PHPotato wrote:
Thanks;)
Hit Ctrl-T and enter the angle you want in the Angle field in the Options Bar (marked by an angle icon).

The problem with Rotate Canvas is that it rotates all layers, not just the current one.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
J
jrzyguy
Jan 31, 2004
if worse comes to worse edjh….you can copy your single layer to a new file…and rotate there and bring it back in….however..i think if you hide your other layers it will only rotate that one layer…i know i’ve dont it somehow.

but as to the orig question…most definitely use the measure tool (its hidden under the eyedropper tool…you have to hold that down and the measure tool appears).

If you want to horizontialy straignten an image….just use the measure tool to "trace" a straight line (if you have one) within your image. Then go to rotate/arbitrary…and PS does the calculation for you. no need for guess work! i LOVE this tool and only found it a couple of years ago after years of working with PS.

best regards

jj
"edjh" wrote in message
PHPotato wrote:
Thanks;)
Hit Ctrl-T and enter the angle you want in the Angle field in the Options Bar (marked by an angle icon).

The problem with Rotate Canvas is that it rotates all layers, not just the current one.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections