G
Posted By
geoffstandish
Feb 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Im trying to set up an action system to open up an image from picture files, crop it 16 x 12, rotate 90 degrees if necessary,fit on screen, and maximise. I use xp and PS7. Dropping my image onto a droplet, cropping to 16 x12,and dssplaying a dialogue box asking to Rotate or cancel has been achieved OK. Unfortunately my Actions palette displays "rotate first document" and after selecting from the dialogue box "Select Rotate" appears at the bottom of the palette, This happens every time a new image is used – "Select Rotate" appears for every image I use. What Am I doing wrong ?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Feb 14, 2004
Take a look to the left of your action. If you see a white square this means it stops at the dialog. Toggle it to off.
Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 14, 2004
I don’t even understand the question, and it’s possible Norbert hit it on the head, but are you saying that you’re getting a dialog box?
G
geoffstandish
Feb 15, 2004
no. an extra "select rotate" appears at the bottom of the actions pallete everytime i process another image by using the droplet. ie after processing 6 different images my pallete looks as if i have programmed 6 actions into the pallete when it should only show 1, it seems to be adding an extra action each time it is run
Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 15, 2004
So, just for the sake of clarification, I’m going to repeat this…

When you drop files onto your droplet, the actions palette becomes modified?

Have you tried re-creating the action? Does it happen with droplet only or if you try to run the action on an open image?

Peace,
Tony

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections