SG
Posted By
Scottie_G.
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone know a way to get all the action triangles to close, or collapse at once?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
PShock
Mar 5, 2004
Option click the top-level folder triangle.

At least it works that way in OS9 – in OSX, you have to run disk utility, repair permissions and reboot to get it to work —- NOT! 🙂

-phil
SG
Scottie_G.
Mar 5, 2004
Thanks Phil, been trying to figure that one out for awhile. Don’t think it’s documented.
GP
Graham_Phillips
Mar 5, 2004
Don’t think it’s documented.

p. 628. Also it is a standard Mac OS feature, e.g. for expanding or collapsing list views.
SG
Scottie_G.
Mar 5, 2004
Thanks Graham: which book? The CS manual only goes up to page 349. Also in a standard OS window , if I have 5 folders and I expand all of them open, and then option click one of them, only that one will close (unless I’m doing something wrong.)
GP
Graham_Phillips
Mar 5, 2004
The CS manual only goes up to page 349

Interesting. Mine goes to 750! The title is "Adobe Photoshop CS Help", and the file is named Photoshop CS Help.pdf

I am using Mac OS 10.3.2. In a Finder window, say the Home folder, switch to List view and Option-Click on Documents. Documents and all nested folders are expanded. However, I have noticed one thing. The Finder will only spend a certain amount of time expanding folders, and will give up after a certain level (the Mac OS X directory structure could potentially go on forever). if you repeatedly expand, collapse and expand a folder you should eventually see all folders as it processes a bit more.
GP
Graham_Phillips
Mar 5, 2004
Alternatively, in Photoshop CS choose Help->Photoshop Help… and then click on the Search link and enter "actions palette" (without the quotes). You should find the Option-click thingy in the first result: "Using the Actions palette".
SG
Scottie_G.
Mar 6, 2004
Graham, thanks, where do you find the Adobe Photoshop CS Help pdf. I did a search and it did not come up. Other tips worked good.
GP
Graham_Phillips
Mar 6, 2004
The documentation should be on the installation CD. I think I might have copied the documentation manually: I can’t remember exactly. I do have the Adobe CS Premium edition so there might be a difference. The Photoshop documentation is in a folder on the first "Resources and extras" CD (the one that doesn’t say "DISK 1" on it!). I can’t believe that it wouldn’t be on the standalone Photoshop CS distribution so have a look on the CD(s). It might be in a folder called "Extras" or "Documentation".

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections