Posted By
phaedra
May 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just installed CS3 on a new Vista PC.
I made a lot of ‘actions’ (for the actions palette)in Photoshop CS2. Now, is there a way to have these actions available in CS3? In previous versions I could copy a .psp-file in the right folder to have the actions, but now, when I try to ‘load’ actions in the palette, it needs an .ATN-file.
So how can I migrate the actions from CS2 to CS3?

Thanks for your help!

L.L.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 3, 2007
Did you Save your actions from CS2? If not, do so and you can load them.

Best to Save the ones you made with a unique name so as not to overwrite anything.
P
phaedra
May 3, 2007
Thanks, Ed,

that was exactly what I was looking for.
It is fixed now!
In previous versions I copied the Actions.PSP-file in the same folder on the new computer. But this is a much more elegant solution.

Thanks again

L.L.
phaedra creative communications
RB
Robert_Barnett
May 3, 2007
Actions in Photoshop has always had an ATN extension. I don’t know where your getting PSP. You need to save your actions in PS CS2 to a file (flyout menu on the actions palette) and then load that file in to the actions palette of CS3.

Robert
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 3, 2007
I’m sure you could overwrite that Actions Palette Preferences file, but I am not sure how wise it would be. Not sure to what extent CS 2 prefs would be compatible with CS 3 prefs.
P
phaedra
May 4, 2007
Shame on me?
I picked the idea on this forum, a few years ago.
but I admit that the solution of Ed is much more ‘elegant’ – as I said already.

thanks again for helping!

L.L.
DM
dave_milbut
May 5, 2007
I picked the idea on this forum, a few years ago.

possibly the talk was about moving between different installations of the SAME version of photoshop. there’d be no problem doing that, and it’s a quick and easy way to carry your actions around to different machines you work on. but as above, i wouldn’t attempt it between versions b/c the internal implementation or actions or palette preferences isn’t guaranteed to be the same from version to version.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections