R
Posted By
randalqueen
Dec 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to create an action that takes an image through several processes and workspaces and changes that eventually brings the image back to where it started, then copy the action with a new name and have each action point to the other at the end to create essentially a loop that is non-stop.

I am doing this to test whether there is a possible way a monitor profile is corrupting.

For example, maybe have the action start of in a matching AdobeRGB workspace for the image (so it too is AdoberRGB). Then convert the image to sRGB. Then assign (yes – assign) the current workspace. Then make some kind of changes in maybe a channel or saturation and then maybe convert again to another colorspace and then eventually correct the image back to where it began. Maybe even take it into LAB color and back to RGB. I don’t think it needs to go from RGB to CMYK and back but hey, who knows.

So then you would have action1 run and at the end go to action2 (your copy) and at the end loop back to action1. If I could figure a way to use the action to open ACR and back using the workflow options, that would help test things. I have not written an action to include ACR for anything as of yet.

Anyone up for giving off any ideas on how to create an action like this? I want to let it run then on my just serviced MBP and see if the image will survive so to speak and if the profile will not shift or corrupt or anything else.

Yes, when serviced they ran a loop test of the video card. This is more in line to test software that they will not test.

Thanks.

R

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
randalqueen
Dec 9, 2008
By the way, I would like to eventually as a final goal make a download of an image and the action so that anyone could use it to test their machine if they feel they are having problems. I don’t think you can force the action to set up their PS system for CM, but that could be done with screen shots, I guess. But that is what I would ultimately like to do.

I have not tried to write an action with stop points that lead them through the process of setting up their PS to manage color using the most popular way.

Anyway…

R

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections