I want to create a photoshop actions Hot folder.

C
Posted By
cmyky2k
Sep 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Are there any plugins, applications or scripts that will allow me to set up a hot folder in which I can save images to had have a specific photoshop action automatically run. I do not want to use a droplet since it would require me to drag and drop the images on to the droplet. I am using a workflow in which one of my applications feeds images to a specific folder. I would like to invoke a photoshop action automatically when this happens and overwrite the original file. This workflow is PC based not Mac.

Thanks in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jjs
Sep 16, 2004
"John Lattarulo" wrote in message
Are there any plugins, applications or scripts that will allow me to set up a hot folder in which I can save images to had have a specific photoshop action automatically run. I do not want to use a droplet since it would require me to drag and drop the images on to the droplet. […]

There is a way, but one of the things that worries me in sharing the How To is the fact that it means one can have the script running on a network machine that has CS installed and a drag-n-drop folder(s) so that in essence, CS becomes a network application and thus possibly violates the Adobe EULA.

But two hints might suffice – first, droplets can be ‘run’ from the command line with an argument (the file or folder to effect) and second, using a ‘watched folder’ script to detect items added to the folder can invoke the droplet and pass the argumant. That will do exactly what you wish.

And there are other ways, for example you can obviate the watched folder script by using chron or Windows ‘schedule’ facility to effect a folder.
G
Gadgets
Sep 16, 2004
Sounds like a job for…

Adobe Graphics Server 2.0 (AGS)
——————————————————-

Adobe Graphics Server 2.0 software, automates the creation and repurposing of graphics for print and the Web. With Adobe Graphics Server you can maintain compelling visualization by ensuring that you are always using the most up-to-date, approved assets. And, since Graphics Server integrates easily with asset management and content management systems, you can integrate it into your existing automated workflows.

"AlterCast" was the name of the previous version of this product. References to the name "AlterCast" still appear in both the product and the documentation. Such references are valid and required for the product to function correctly.

For more information, please visit the Product Support Site at: http://www.adobe.com/products/server/graphics/

———————————————————— ——– System Requirements
———————————————————— ——– Intel
J
jjs
Sep 16, 2004
"Gadgets" wrote in message
Sounds like a job for…

Adobe Graphics Server 2.0 (AGS)
——————————————————-

$$$$$! But without violating any EULA may I also point to ImageReady’s data-driven feature which does some other interesting things – but not what the OP asked for.
B
bagal
Sep 18, 2004
I may have misread this – apologies if I have – but have you tried taking a cold shower?

Artie

"John Lattarulo" wrote in message
Are there any plugins, applications or scripts that will allow me to set up a hot folder in which I can save images to had have a specific photoshop action automatically run. I do not want to use a droplet since it would require me to drag and drop the images on to the droplet. I am using a workflow in which one of my applications feeds images to a specific folder. I would like to invoke a photoshop action automatically when this happens and overwrite the original file. This workflow is PC based not Mac.

Thanks in advance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections