Need Help: Canon s100 camera detection (PS 5.5 w/ OS9)

TW
Posted By
t_wagner
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
howdy:

i’m running photoshop 5.5 in classic mode (OS9) on my 1.25 Ghz PowerPC G4 w/ OSX. I have a Canon s100 digital camera from which i’m trying to upload images to the G4, again in classic mode", via USB. i’ve put the Canon Camera Plug-in Module v.4.5.1.10 into Photoshop’s "import/export" file and cannot seem to get photoshop to "recognize" the camera.

when i try to import i go to file > import > Canon Camera Plug-in and it launches the "import window"….BUT:

hitting the "communications settings" tab: it lists port: USB + detected camera: zilch. hitting the "camera settings" tab: i get a message "cannot detect camera: check connection and retry".

I’ve tried nearly everything and just come up short….any HELP would be much appreciated….thanks ~ todd

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
Is the plugin made for OSX only??

many things that work booted into OS9 don’t work in Classic.

Upload the images to the hard drive then open them.
B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
Get OSX native version of Photoshop.
SS
Susan_S.
Mar 2, 2004
Or get a 20$ card reader and import them into a folder from there, bypassing all the clunky canon software..works for me on my Canon G3.
Susan S

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections