J
Posted By
Jonathon
Aug 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, my name is Jonaton. Although I’m fairly new to the program, I’m no stranger to more recent Photoshop programs such as 7.0. I was recently forced to convert back to Elements when my 7.0 disk was misplaced. I do a lot of picture editing for people who Role Play online. I tend to take 2 or more pictures, mergings them into one but as transparencies so I can still see the main picture through them all. I have yet to figure out a way to do this in Elements. Any help is much appreciated. Email me at for any advice you have involving the subject. Thanks in Advance!!

Jonathon

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 8, 2003
Jonathon,

Perhaps you can tell which Photoshop techniques you used that you are missing in Elements. There are often workarounds to accomplish the same things.

Rich
CR
Chris Rankin
Aug 8, 2003
Maybe: new image as a layer, adjust transparecy in the layer’s pallette, move layer to desired location, re -set transparency to 100% then merge visible.

CR
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 8, 2003
Jonathan, like Rich, I’m not sure I understand your goal completely, either, but have you tried this:

Have the Layers palette open on your desktop, and then open the first image and verify that it shows as the background layer in your palette. Then open the second image and either do a copy/paste to the background image or a drag and drop. (l like drag and drop better.) You’ll see that the second image has gone into a new layer. Select that layer by highlighting it, and then go to the top of the layers palette and adjust the opacity.

If this doesn’t give you the effect you’re after, use it as a base and explain what part missed the mark.
J
Jonathon
Aug 8, 2003
Beth and Chris,

The advice you gave me allowed me to perform my desired look. Thank you so much. I can now return to my hobby of editing pictures for others. Thanks again!

Jonathon

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections