L
Posted By
Lysanah
Jan 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I received a note on how to copy a file and then use the copy merged to get a new copy to print. The problem is that I no longer can manipulate the layers that I origanally started with. How can I get all the layers that I started with and change the information in the layers

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Jan 7, 2004
If you copied the file with all the layers, and then did a copy>merge, this layer is at the top of the stack. You can make that merged layer a separate file to print by cutting it to a new file, this will leave the original with all the layers.
L
Lysanah
Jan 7, 2004
Thank you Nancy S. for your help. I already used the copy merge and it seemed like my origanal one I built with all the layers is not saved as it was before. I need to change one of the layers and save as a new file each time because there are prices that are different.
Let me know what can be done. Lysanah
PD
Pete_D
Jan 7, 2004
Lysanah,

Nancy must have stepped out before your additional post.

I think the file you are working with is lost unless you have the original saved somewhere.

Sounds like you want to use the copy merge and paste to a new canvas and save that as a separate file name. Then you can go back to the original layered file and make (price) changes then use the copy merge again, paste it to a new canvas and save that as yet another file name.

No need to delete the first price layer, just click the eye on the layers palette so it does not show. Then it will copy only the "visible" layers.

Pete
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 7, 2004
Lysanah,

After you used the copy merge, where did you paste it? To a new file or to a new blank layer in the Layers Palette? Did you rename?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections