MJ
Posted By
Michael J Davis
Dec 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m actually using Elements 5, but I think PS acts the same way.

Is there a way of copying and pasting images onto one layer?

I’m trying to create a border of repeated images and groups of images.

Each time I copy and paste, I find I have created a new layer, when all I want is a simple frame made up of repeated groups of 24 x24 pixel images.

I accept that ‘merge visible’ is my friend, but I don’t need to here!!

Ta!

Mike

Michael J Davis

Now with added pictures on http://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

<><
The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera. Dorethea Lange
<><

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

G
Grinder
Dec 12, 2008
Michael J Davis wrote:
I’m actually using Elements 5, but I think PS acts the same way.
Is there a way of copying and pasting images onto one layer?
I’m trying to create a border of repeated images and groups of images.
Each time I copy and paste, I find I have created a new layer, when all I want is a simple frame made up of repeated groups of 24 x24 pixel images.

You can use the Move Tool. In CS2, it’s the top rightmost tool–it looks like a solid black "asteroids" ship with the four-way arrow. On of the modifier keys (ctrl, shift or alt) will turn the move into a copy within the current layer.
MJ
Michael J Davis
Dec 13, 2008
Grinder was inspired to say
Michael J Davis wrote:
I’m actually using Elements 5, but I think PS acts the same way. Is there a way of copying and pasting images onto one layer? I’m trying to create a border of repeated images and groups of images.

You can use the Move Tool. In CS2, it’s the top rightmost tool–it looks like a solid black "asteroids" ship with the four-way arrow. On of the modifier keys (ctrl, shift or alt) will turn the move into a copy within the current layer.

Fantastic! Thanks.

Alt-move works beautifully!! Just what I was after!

It’s amazing how many little actions are hidden within the program, that until one has a use for them, one never discovers!

Thanks again

Mike

Michael J Davis
<Please note that the Reply-To: address will remain in use for at least 30 days, but the sender and from addresses are not valid.> <><

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections