No Merge Linked? And whatever happened to the links?

EE
Posted By
Ellen_Eustace
Jan 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m sure this question has been asked already, but I just got CS2 at work and the IT dept. uninstalled CS1, so I cannot use the old Photoshop. I used to RELY so heavily on linking some of my layers and eventually merging them, but not merging every layer or flattening image, due to the future need of some small components in my graphics. So, how do I get around this, now that there is no links (the chains that keep layers grouped together) and there is no "merged linked" option? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Jan 2, 2007
shift option command E will make a new layer from all visible layers. Much better than merge visible. and your chain link button is at the bottom of the layers pallet on the left. the chain link is not as critical as before as you can now select more than one layer at a time by shift clicking or command clicking

Seems a little late getting CS2 as CS3 is about to hit the market.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 2, 2007
Also, if you look in Help you would probably find the answer. I remember we used to only get one manual for the whole department and sometimes that would mysteriously "vanish", but I could always reply on Help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections