TE
Posted By
Tom Eubanks
Aug 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a problem installing photoshop eliments. Had no problem on my old win98 machine(now dead) but when i tried to install on new machine with win xp, won,t install and gives an error 106. is there anything i can do?
Thanks
Tom E.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth Haney
Aug 5, 2003
Tom, have you made sure that any anti virus software and/or firewall kinds of stuff have been disabled? Also remember that if you’re using XP Pro you have to have administrative rights in order to be able to install. (You didn’t say which version of XP you were running.) And, did you happen to do a Google search to see what error code 106 is on XP? That might provide some clues. Good luck!
Q
Quaoar
Aug 5, 2003
Beth Haney wrote:
Tom, have you made sure that any anti virus software and/or firewall kinds of stuff have been disabled? Also remember that if you’re using XP Pro you have to have administrative rights in order to be able to install. (You didn’t say which version of XP you were running.) And, did you happen to do a Google search to see what error code 106 is on XP? That might provide some clues. Good luck!

More on Error 106:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1032146990

1. you may have two installations running at the same time, or the installation program
is attempting to start a second time during the install process.

2. your computer may be out of hard drive space.

3. you may have too many files in your TEMP directory.

4. the CD, downloaded file, floppy disk, or other media you are using to install
the program may be corrupt or damaged.

5. you may have an older version of the program installed on the computer with file
permissions set so the new version can’t update it. In that case, you can try uninstalling
the older version first, then installing the newer version.

6. you may need to have administrative rights to install the program.

7. check for updated installation files from the Internet.

8. disable Auto-Insert Notification in CD-ROM Properties. Restart your computer. Re-Start the installation process by clicking on the Windows
Start Button and then Run. In the open box, type D:\setup.exe

Q

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections