T
Posted By
timcallender
Jan 16, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a Mac user who regularly sends JPEGs to Windows users in my company. I’m running Leopard on a MacPro, using CS3.

In the last month or so, the Windows people report that they cannot see any images in any of the JPEGs I send them! They can see PDFs saved out of Photoshop just fine – not JPEGs.

In the past, I know that JPEGs in CMYK mode caused some difficulty. However, this is not the source of the trouble- RGB images are also not working.

I have ZERO idea why this is happening. Anybody else have thoughts? Thanks in advance.

tim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
timcallender
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks. I’ll try the suggestions within. Odd though that this problem just cropped up.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Jan 16, 2009
The problem pops up when settings are changed. It could be that your mail program’s MIME preferences were recently changed or the recipient’s mail software was recently updated.

There was an issue last year where a Microsoft update to Outlook broke compatibility with mail attachments sent from Entourage. But that was fixed with another update from Microsoft a couple weeks later. If your company is just now getting to install the first update, your IT department is nearly half a year behind.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections