LK
Posted By
Leen Koper
Aug 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Stick to the white background. Any other colour might cause unwanted colour reflecting in the object.

I usually don’t use the magnetic lasso for this purpose; the magic wand will do the job much easier and faster, provided you light your subject and background well.

Leen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MS
Michelle Stein
Aug 4, 2003
Thank you. I’ll give that a try if I can figure out how to use the magic wand.
MS
Michelle Stein
Aug 4, 2003
Leen,
Thanks again. I tried the magic wand and got the result I was looking for. It was much easier and faster than the magnetic lasso.
LK
Leen Koper
Aug 4, 2003
I knew. ;-))

Now I just only have to find an easy way to use the magic wand when some parts of the image aren’t connected to the part of the image you click on (like a few hundred pieces of sky between branches etc.)

Leen
NS
Nancy S
Aug 4, 2003
Leen,

Do you use the tool in the ‘not contiguous’ mode? I have no idea what the Dutch word would be, be there are two choices for the tool, in English…contiguous (connected) and not.
LK
Leen Koper
Aug 4, 2003
Thank you Nancy, I apologise, this word was in my 1962 dictionary, but I didnot check it.

I’ll try tonight in the studio!

Leen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections