TO
Posted By
Tom_O_Dolezal
Jan 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Learning my way with CS3 and the issue I have if if I am using the magnetic lasso and am following the outline of a shape and make a mistake how can I move the lasso back to a prvious point?

TIA

Tom

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jan 15, 2009
you can’t.

Magnetic lasso sucks anyway.

If you are using CS3 you should be using the"quick selection tool" same principle much better implementation. plus you can subtract from your selection.
O
Ozzwoman9
Jan 15, 2009
You can go ahead and make the selection with the magnetic lasso then go back and modify the selection with the regular lasso tool.
R
Rothrock
Jan 15, 2009
I agree that the quick selection tool is much better…but if you want to know.

As you move the magnetic lasso around you will notice that it occasionally drops "anchor points" if those are showing in the wrong spot you can hit the delete key and it will remove the last one, hit it again and the one before and so on. Of course if they are in the wrong spot because the algorithm can’t find the right edge you probably won’t have much luck the second time around!

You can also click to have it place the anchors in specific spots.
TO
Tom_O_Dolezal
Jan 16, 2009
Tried your suggestion Rothrock and for me if I hit the delete key the last anchor point remains intact – why is it going wrong?
JM
J_Maloney
Jan 16, 2009
Backspace.
TO
Tom_O_Dolezal
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks, backspace does it.

Tom
R
Rothrock
Jan 19, 2009
Isn’t this the mac forum? My mac keyboard doesn’t have a backspace key. Just two deletes. 🙂

Oddly enough on my Windows machine at work both backspace and delete have the same behavior.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections