S
Posted By
scb
Sep 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently, when using the magnetic lasso (not the other lasso forms), the image and palletes turn white when I left click on the mouse to set a point, such as when I want to change the direction of the outline. Any thoughts on what can be causing this? I’m running Win XP Home, PS CS, 2gb Ram, PS use set to 60%. When I use PS there are no other programs running, and I usually delete non essential programs and processes via the Task Manager. Any more info needed from me other than that?

scb

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 5, 2006
Have you tried resetting the preferences? That often clears up weird behaviour.
S
scb
Sep 5, 2006
Yep – preferences manually deleted and reset. Problem persists.

Odd thing is, nothing (that I know of) has been changed on the machine from before this problem started.

scb
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 5, 2006
Going white usually means there’s a graphics driver issue. Have you checked to make sure yours is up to date?
S
scb
Sep 6, 2006
Going white usually means there’s a graphics driver issue. Have you checked to make sure yours is up to date?

No. However, even if it’s not up to date, why would PS and the lasso tool work perfectly one day, with the older driver, and give me problems the next day when nothing has changed on the computer? The program and the tool has worked perfectly for more than a year. Does the graphics driver signal PS and say "Hey, I’m no longer the latest driver. Let’s screw up how the program works."

OK, that’s a little silly, but I only use it to make a point.

scb
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 6, 2006
Still SCB, go to your display drivers advanced properties and turn Hardware Acceleration to NONE as a test. If it goes away, you need to update or roll back video drivers. Don’t for get to set it back to full after the test.
S
scb
Sep 6, 2006
I understand what updating is, but can you explain what’s involved in rolling back the video driver? Thanks

Shel

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections