JC
Posted By
Jack_Cane
Dec 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A random error occurs with magnetic lasso selection process. As I proceed around the outline of the object to be selected, suddenly the screen turns briefly white. When the screen returns to normal, I find the selection has been arbitrarily rendered closed, with one or two straight lines connecting the last point to the first point. I cannot undo or backtrack. Only option is to exit and restart the selection process. The described behavior recurs. I cannot complete the selection normally.

Finally opted to use the magic wand for my selection, but that has other issues for my application, making it a poor choice — time consuming but eventually doable. I would prefer to use the magnetic lasso.

Any ideas appreciated.

Using PhotoShop CS2 in Win XP SP2.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 19, 2007
This is a known problem. A forum search might take you to previous posts (but the search facility here is rubbish – if I were google, I’d make Adobe take the logo down!).

Best workaround is use another tool.

Paths are better anyway.
B
BJ
Dec 20, 2007
I have the same problem, learned to use the the pen tool, all is well.

Bruce

wrote in message
A random error occurs with magnetic lasso selection process. As I proceed around the outline of the object to be selected, suddenly the screen turns briefly white. When the screen returns to normal, I find the selection has been arbitrarily rendered closed, with one or two straight lines connecting the last point to the first point. I cannot undo or backtrack. Only option is to exit and restart the selection process. The described behavior recurs. I cannot complete the selection normally.

Finally opted to use the magic wand for my selection, but that has other issues for my application, making it a poor choice — time consuming but eventually doable. I would prefer to use the magnetic lasso.
Any ideas appreciated.

Using PhotoShop CS2 in Win XP SP2.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections