L
Posted By
Lou
Nov 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop CS the delete key does not undo a selection made by the magnetic lasso tool as it did in PS 7. In CS help it shows that the delete key is used for this function. Any one else with this problem??

Thanks,

Lou

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Husky
Nov 30, 2003
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 16:40:47 GMT, Lou wrote:

In Photoshop CS the delete key does not undo a selection made by the magnetic lasso tool as it did in PS 7. In CS help it shows that the delete key is used for this function. Any one else with this problem??

CTRL-Z has always been undo, unless you redefined some defaults. or PS did change that key also. delete has always "Deleted"

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
LP
Lou Pratt
Nov 30, 2003
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:35:16 -0500, Husky wrote:

CTRL-Z has always been undo, unless you redefined some defaults. or PS did change that key also. delete has always "Deleted"

Ctrl-z doesn’t work in CS either.In PS 7 the delete key always undid the anchor points and CS help indicates the delete key still performs the same function. I re-set the defaults and still nothing.
BK
Brian K
Nov 30, 2003
? pirated

"Lou" wrote in message
Thanks,

Lou
H
Husky
Dec 1, 2003
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:45:42 GMT, Lou Pratt wrote:

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:35:16 -0500, Husky wrote:

Ctrl-z doesn’t work in CS either.In PS 7 the delete key always undid the anchor points and CS help indicates the delete key still performs the same function. I re-set the defaults and still nothing.

the delete key DELETED previous anchor points. UNDO is a MAJOR CHANGE to previous. Assuming CS also has a history, you can single step backwards if undo isn’t doing what you want. there’s the learning curve I spoke about in ‘why upgrade’.

Hmmm. you’re right about the anchor points with the lasso. The delete key should DELETE the previous one. Something that may be affecting it is how much memory your machine has. if things are really bogging, you probably should go back to7. Or get a faster machine with more memory.
I’d check preferences if everything is fine with speed and memory. Don’t quote me on this, but on most programs, you can just delete the preferences file. [usually found in /windows/system/common/adobe/???] and next time it fires up it’ll default to setup defaults.

I haven’t even seen CS so this isn’t from any experience with it. I doubt I’ll get it. I just joined this group to see what others have to say about CS.

But in 6 and 7, you can redefine keys to just about anything. Can’t recall if it’s fireworks or PS, but one of them has a pulldown with a selection of different key setups. ie: If you use fireworks all the time you can have this program emulate fireworks key settings, or vice versa.

For the longest time I had a program that wasn’t following the CTRL-A setting for select all, but instead prompting to save.
Probably just a programming error, but I eventually found that at some time I’d defined a macro to use CTRL-A and save. The macro over rode the built in defaults.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections