BH
Posted By
Beth Haney
Aug 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Oh, oh. The tryout version should always be removed completely before installing the full version, and that includes doing a Find for any straggling files that are still buried on the hard drive after running uninstall. (registry excluded)

At this point, I think the best move would be to contact Adobe and get advice from them. I started to suggest a Find for folders associated with the tryout version, but you might wind up deleting something you need for the full version in the process. It’s probably just as well that you can’t install again, because I seriously doubt that would help, and it might make it even worse.

Another thing you could try is uninstalling anything you can find related to either version and trying the download again. Did you get a serial number? There’s got to be a provision for getting a second download, although I bought the full retail version so have never dealt with the download issue. Good luck!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Aug 1, 2003
Beth,

Now I understand what you meant (a few weeks ago) by "downloaded version is not the best thing". My appologies for not understanding at the time 🙂

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections