D
Posted By
Dessira
Feb 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

o.K. so I’m uploading brushes into PhotoShop CS2…

so I downloaded some brushes for PhotoShop and when I download them it says that they’re opened into the PhotoShop.BrushFiles (default) file and when i look in PhotoShop or try to upload brushes I can’t find them…. Help please?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 9, 2007
Where and how are you looking? Are they in the Presets>Brushes folder?Look at the flyout arrow menu in the Brushes palette. Do they appear there?

May have to restart computer.
D
Dessira
Feb 9, 2007
already tried restarting and I’m looking with the arrow…i can find the file names in the computer, but not near PhotoShop…is there a way to upload them from another area?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 9, 2007
Find them wherever they are and move them into the Presets>Brushes folder.

Actually, you can load them from any location by going to the arrow and choosing Load Brushes.
D
Dessira
Feb 9, 2007
hnh yeah that’s the problem…I’m at work and it gets saved to a random file…guess I gotta hunt em down in my network files…darn… oh well thank you very much!
D
Dessira
Feb 9, 2007
and what about the ones that it says it’s downloading to the PhotoShop.BrushFiles (default) file when i actually download them?
A4
Alucard_44
Feb 9, 2007
First, download the sets to the desktop. Then, If you have a file folder for your pictures to edit/create, make a new folder named "Brushes". Then when you want to use one set, click the arrow that you use to switch sets, go to open, and go to that folder. this way, you can have a "Downloaded Brush" archive.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 9, 2007
Dessira,

I don’t know where you’re downloading from or what you are getting. Does it have an installer or is it making its own folders? Is it a Zip file?

You have to pay attention to where things are being saved.
D
Dessira
Feb 9, 2007
hmm ok thanks will do!
D
Dessira
Feb 9, 2007
wow Ed you’re really helpful thanks a lot! 😀

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections