R
Posted By
Ron
Sep 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Passing this on for what it is worth, since nearly everyone reviewing this newsgroup is graphics oriented. I just recently had a new PC assembled using a high-end graphics card from NVIDIA, a graphics friendly mother board, dual monitors, Windows XP Professional and a lot of memory. Worked great, fast with all the things I wanted. I installed the XP SP2 and error messages, spontaneous reports to Microsoft about driver errors and blue screens with recommendations to remove recently installed hardware and do a system restore happened in a hurry. Final result, a computer that would only boot in the Safe Mode and would not accept reinstallation of drivers for the monitors. It is back at its creator and will have to be reconstructed without the SP2 addition. Be careful out there. Ron

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
treetoad
Sep 5, 2004
I also had an upgrade to SP2 kick out the video driver.. Reinstalled and it was ok

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 16:39:44 -0700, "Ron" wrote:

Passing this on for what it is worth, since nearly everyone reviewing this newsgroup is graphics oriented. I just recently had a new PC assembled using a high-end graphics card from NVIDIA, a graphics friendly mother board, dual monitors, Windows XP Professional and a lot of memory. Worked great, fast with all the things I wanted. I installed the XP SP2 and error messages, spontaneous reports to Microsoft about driver errors and blue screens with recommendations to remove recently installed hardware and do a system restore happened in a hurry. Final result, a computer that would only boot in the Safe Mode and would not accept reinstallation of drivers for the monitors. It is back at its creator and will have to be reconstructed without the SP2 addition. Be careful out there. Ron
J
Jokester
Sep 6, 2004
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/computersecurity/2004-09-0 2-sp2-vs- spyware_x.htm

It is always a good idea to clean before you install!

Jokester

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections