P
Posted By
Phil
Aug 30, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I load photoshop 3 (with an upgrade to 4) to my laptop, running Vista? Will there be any compatability issues?

Phil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
rob
Aug 31, 2009
Phil wrote:
Can I load photoshop 3 (with an upgrade to 4) to my laptop, running Vista? Will there be any compatability issues?

Phil

Have you tried ?

There was some system compatibility problems using old versions and the OS.( not sure with Vista.

You would be better off using a more current version of anything than trying to use on old version of PS. Even something free which may have better capabilities. Just as an example http://picasa.google.com/ others may have more suggestions.
M
Morton
Aug 31, 2009
On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 08:05:17 -0700 (PDT), Phil wrote
this:

Phil

According to a fellow photographer and graphics artist PhotoshopCS runs fine on Vista. (On a laptop.) *I don’t know about earlier versions*. There was some doubt about PSCS but she installed it (after doing the appropriate back-up thing). She has, so far, not experienced any problems. Quite happy with it.

I use WinXP and Photoshop CS3 on one unit, WinXP and PhotoshopCS on another. I’ll probably stick with XP for a bit yet. (And keep an eye on the afore mentioned just in case I do have to change to Vista.)

Morton.
R
rob
Aug 31, 2009
Morton wrote:
On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 08:05:17 -0700 (PDT), Phil wrote
this:

Phil

According to a fellow photographer and graphics artist PhotoshopCS runs fine on Vista. (On a laptop.) *I don’t know about earlier versions*. There was some doubt about PSCS but she installed it (after doing the appropriate back-up thing). She has, so far, not experienced any problems. Quite happy with it.

I use WinXP and Photoshop CS3 on one unit, WinXP and PhotoshopCS on another. I’ll probably stick with XP for a bit yet. (And keep an eye on the afore mentioned just in case I do have to change to Vista.)
Morton.

There are some issues with Windows 7 and CS4 loaded onto the laptops which came with W7 preloaded.
P
Phil
Sep 1, 2009
On Aug 30, 9:27 pm, Rob wrote:
Phil wrote:
Can I load photoshop 3 (with an upgrade to 4) to my laptop, running Vista?  Will there be any compatability issues?

Phil

Have you tried ?

There was some system compatibility problems using old versions and the OS.( not sure with Vista.

You would be better off using a more current version of anything than trying to use on old version of PS.  Even something free which may have better capabilities. Just as an examplehttp://picasa.google.com/others may have more suggestions.

I don’t use PS enough to warrant purchasing it. I ran this old version on my desk top until I got rid of the desk top; I’m lap top- only now.

I’ll look at picasa.

Thanks.

Phil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections