DA
Posted By
Donald_Allen
May 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to get Windows to rebuild these icons? They were there when I had CS1, but not with CS2.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
May 1, 2005
PS7 was the last version to support thumbnails in Windows Explorer. When you upgraded to CS, psicon.dll may have inadvertently remained on your system, which is why they were still there for your CS1. Adobe discontinued this support because XPs handling of this dll caused data loss for many users.

If you do a forum search on this subject you’ll find hundreds of posts on the problem.

The good thing about CS2 is that the Bridge, with it’s multi window function, can do everything Explorer can and more.
DM
dave_milbut
May 1, 2005
can do everything Explorer can and more.

except you can’t type in a path anywhere! 🙂
JJ
John Joslin
May 1, 2005
It can certainly do a whole load of things that Explorer can’t do but, as Dave says, it can’t do everything. Another thing I miss is the right-click context menu in Explorer. To be fair though, you can right-click in Bridge and then select "Reveal in Explorer".
DA
Donald_Allen
May 1, 2005
I guess Bridge has become my Explorer replacement.
DM
dave_milbut
May 1, 2005
I learned last night you can select File> New Window and open up multiple instances of Bridge. Repeat for more as necessary. And i like how you can change the size of the thumbnails on the fly with the little slider bar at the bottom of the window.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections