JT
Posted By
john tate27
Jul 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
These manuals may be the cats pyjamas for doing the clever stuff, but they do assume a lot, so thanks to Bethan and Dorothy for helping with the palette well problem.

I’m pushing my luck, perhaps, but could some charitable person just give me a swift rundown on how I copy a file of photos onto CD so that I can keep or send copies that way? No cash prizes offered, but sincere gratitude guaranteed! Take care. John

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Jul 28, 2003
Hi, John. Well, exactly how depends on your os/cd program. With most of them, you just launch the cd program and drag the files you want to the window. If you are running mac os with a built-in burner, you just drag the files to the cd icon without launching anything.

In any case, if you want your files to be cross-platform compatible, be sure that 1.) all your files are jpgs or Tiffs with the correct extension showing, and 2.) burn your cd in ISO-9660 format, which is readable by both windows and mac.
DS
Dick Smith
Jul 28, 2003
John,

What OS are you using? Do you have cd burning software? Give some system background then someone can help.

Dick
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, John, that’s it! I use something else, but the process is usually about the same. Organize the images you want to burn into a folder on your hard drive. (Make sure you know where it "lives"!) Open Nero. There should be a window into which you either drag the folder or a way you can select the folder by name from your hard drive.

I was the first one to see this, but I’m sure a person who speaks Windows more fluently will be along shortly with better instructions. In the meantime, you can play and see how well you do! Good luck.
DS
Dick Smith
Jul 28, 2003
I have used Nero on a couple of occasions and was not terribly satisfied with it. That being said, however, Beth is right about putting stuff in a folder then dragging it into a Nero window.

Since you have XP, there is built in support for CD burning based on the Roxio CD creator engine.

To use the built in support you could do exactly the same as Beth mentioned. Create a folder to put the files in you want to burn to cd. Put a blank disc into the CD/R drive and when the XP window comes up asking you what you want to do, just click on the choice to "open a writable CD folder using Windows Explorer." Then you can either drag the folder icon into the writable folder or drag individual files into it. When you’re ready to burn click the "Write these files to CD" on the left side of the window. Follow the directions and it should work without a hitch.

Once you have created a CD you can always drag more files into it in Windows Explorer and write them to the existing CD.

Fact is, you can really use any folder on your hard drive for initial storage and drag the files from there.

Hope this helps some.

Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections