Posted By
traci_wooldridge
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, thank you for your time.
I have been working on a very large file in Photoshop 5.5 for print. I created an EPS of my .PSD and realized the file size was way too small (40K), something was wrong. When I went back to PSD file, somehow the image resolution had changed. I am positive I didn’t change it, but it used to be a 300 resolution image with a print size of 6" x 36" and is now 150" x 25" and 72 dpi. The pixel dimensions didn’t change. I have been dragging images into the file that are high res. jpegs. Other than that, no idea why it changed. Can anyone explain how this might have happened?

More importantly, if I change it back to 300 dpi and save out as an eps again, will this print ok, or has the low resolution already destroyed this file? (When I changed it back to 300 dpi, I didn’t resample, because the pixel dimensions were right on where they should be since they hadn’t changed.)

Thanks again for any help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 17, 2004
If the pixel dimensions haven’t changed you can just change the resolution to 300 ppi in Image Size with resampling turned off (as you said). The picture hasn’t really changed. So the file is not destroyed and a new eps should be okay.
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Feb 17, 2004
That doesn’t explain why an 1800pix x 10800pix Photoshop EPS with raster data is only 40K, though.

Mysterious… :: cue creepy music ::
SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 17, 2004
Particularly if the resolution is 72 ppi. The embedded EPS preview would almost double the file size. Perhaps there was a memory problem saving the file.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections