John_D._Lord
Feb 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I start P7.0 my screen changes from 32 bit res to 8 bit res

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 4, 2009
Check your video card driver, and look for wayward utilties.

Photoshop doesn’t even know how to change the display, in any way.
JD
John_D._Lord
Feb 4, 2009
How do I look for them? I know recording and Video, but I am not well versed on the computer "innards".

Thank you so much fo your reply on this. I know that this can’t be too bad or too hard… I just know when I’m out of my area.
AND….
I get a lot of responses to questions like this by people that only answer in "Nerd Speak"… which only complicates the problem because you have to get them to explain what they said in words that regular folks like me can understand. So it’s back and forth… back and forth…

Your suggestion sounds very plausable… Tell where to go to check out this video driver and I’ll try to follow the instructions without getting lost in "Cyberland"

Blessings
John
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 5, 2009
John, if this is a desktop machine, go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest graphics driver for your card. If you have a laptop, you need to get the driver from the laptop maker, because it will have been customized for your laptop.

Before installing it, remove the current driver. For current nvidia drivers, do this by going to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, find the nVidia graphics driver (probably nVidia Drivers) and remove it. Do NOT remove any nVidia driver unrelated to graphics (e.g., chipset driver, nForce, etc.). If your driver is really old, you won’t find nVidia drivers in your Add/Remove Programs list, in which case, go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager and look for the display adapter or graphics card entry. You should find the nVidia FX5200 listed. Delete it. This will cause your computer to use a generic video driver, which it may complain about not being able to locate. Don’t worry.

Reboot. If "found new hardware" comes up, cancel it instead of letting it install something unsuitable. Run the nVidia driver installer.

Reboot. Set your resolution, number of colors, etc. from either the nVidia icon in the system tray or from the display properties (right click on desktop, pick display properties or nVidia whatever).

Reboot.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections