JL
Posted By
James Lum
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just saw a review of Photoshop CS (in a photo magazine) which highlights its new features. I saw a screen shot of a before/after split-screen view, showing changes you make to an image in real-time. Half the image remained unchanged, while the other half reflect the adjustments being made.

Have I missed something? I can’t seem to find this option…if it is an option at all. Or does it just "happen" in certain instances?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SW
Scott_Weichert
Feb 17, 2004
The screenshot was probably made for the production or book you saw. It’s common practice to set up two documents, one before adjustment adn one after then take a screenshot so the reader/viewer has reference. It’s not a feature in Photoshop.
MM
Mark McIntyre
Feb 17, 2004
Great idea though.
B
Buko
Feb 17, 2004
Save for Web has the split screen. could he have seen that.
JL
James Lum
Feb 17, 2004
I’ve been corresponding with one of the editors at the mag, and he said the author did in fact create separate layers for illustration purposes. Yes, I know about the split screen in the "Save for Web", and think it’s great to see side-by-side comparisons. So Mark, I agree, it would be a good idea to be able to split the window in half as another proofing alternative.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections