S
Posted By
ScottNY69
Nov 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In previous versions if you clicked the bottom left onthe frame of an image where the document size is you would get a small popup of an outline of the image size compared to the current page size. I cannot figure out how to see this in the new CS4 version. I’ve tried everything, help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 26, 2008
You can get that from the View menu at any time — or you can use a keyboard shortcut.

Or you could use Configurator to make your own pane;l and add a button to it for Print Size View.
R
Ram
Nov 26, 2008
Nope, ScottNY is talking about something else that has nothing to do with print size. Click on the status bar.

It does appear to work differently in CS4, the "outline" is gone, but you get some useful data instead.

I’ll try to make a screen shot if I can figure out how to make the screen capture while the pop-up outline/info box are showing.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Nov 26, 2008
View > Print Size will not compare the image size to the paper size, which was the original request. Also, Print Size has to be calibrated with the correct screen resolution in Preferences.

The best way to preview image vs. paper size is by opening the Print dialog box. You’ll see the image vs. positioning vs. margins, but it’s only going to be accurate if you click the Page Setup button and select the right printer and paper size (but that was always true of the old status bar preview as well).
R
Ram
Nov 26, 2008
Ramón G Castañeda – 6:23pm Nov 25, 08 PST (#2 of 4)

Nope, ScottNY is talking about something else that has nothing to do with print size. Click on the status bar.

It does appear to work differently in CS4, the "outline" is gone, but you get some useful data instead.

Here they are:

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1SIcHsMG2GeQCZgNcb GiWE9U0YCX1>
S
ScottNY69
Nov 26, 2008
Yes, Ramon is correct, you used to get an outline that is overlaid on a page to show how big the image is if its on an 8.5×11 paper. I’ll keep an eye out to see if this thread is updated. thanks
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 26, 2008
I see what you mean now.

Yes, that has gone in CS4 — but you could click Cmd P to see the new Print window which may be even more useful?
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Nov 26, 2008

Yes, Ramon is correct, you used to get an outline that is overlaid on a page to show how big the image is if its on an 8.5×11 paper.

Just to be clear, yes, the status bar had everything to do with the print size because the display changed if you change the image size and/or Page Setup specs, and it was only 8.5×11 if that happened to be the currently selected paper size in Page Setup.

As Ann and I are saying, in CS4 (and CS3) the Print dialog shows you the same print size info with a much larger and more precise preview.
R
Ram
Nov 26, 2008
Different context, Conrad.

yes, the status bar had everything to do with the print size

Ah, but what I wrote was "Nope, ScottNY is talking about something else that has nothing to do with print size." 🙂

What you write (quoted above), Conrad, means the size of the print.

What I wrote (…has nothing to do with print size) means it has nothing to do with the Print Size button when the magnifying tool is selected. 🙂

Different context, different meaning. Keep in mind that I was replying to and referencing Ann’s post, which was about the Print Size button or Print Size view.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections