BorealisDancer
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 question.

Is there any way to view a photo in full screen mode? I don’t mean the entire area in the Photoshop work area. I mean the entire CRT screen area.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
Byron Gale
Feb 19, 2004
Bob,

Regretfully, no.

Byron
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 19, 2004
Bob,

I just tried something … I opened an image, clicked on zoom, clicked on TAB (to hide photoshop) then used zoom to enlarge the image until it filled the whole of the screen I also had to pull out the image window. As long as the image is roughly the same as the screen shape then it will fill the whole screen. Well it will on the Mac BUT once it fills the screen I’m not sure what you would do with it then.

Elements (Mac version) does not have a work area as such … the image simply floats over the desktop. So this may not be the same when you are using windows.

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 19, 2004
I must admit that I use Graphic Converter all the time so that I can get full screen views, and slide shows of new pictures that I have just put on the computer from my camera.
Just as soon as I have downloaded a new folder of pictures, I fire up Graphic Converter’s slide show and look at them full screen, set about 3 or 4 seconds each. Then I go back and click on the ones that I want to review full screen, edit them, throw away the bad ones, name the best ones, and so forth.
* Then*, I open PSE and have fun with the better ones. You can’t beat GC for this preliminary viewing and you save a whole lot of time.
Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 19, 2004
Jane,

I tend to use iPhoto to do that … much easier than using Elements. I hadn’t thought about Graphic Converter … I will try it out.

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 19, 2004
I don’t have iPhoto yet, as I have been chicken about OS X. But GC is really a wonderfiul little program for doing things quickly and viewing your photos. You can fire your photos up on your television from your Powerbook using GC and they will cycle on until the end.
My brother has iPhoto, the original version. and he needs me to upgrade him to the newer/better one.
Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 20, 2004
Hi Jane,

Well the iBook has arrived and it has iPhoto 4 on it … faster that the original version but nothing else really new. I use separate libraries(and iPhoto Buddy to manage them) on iPhoto just like you would use separate photo albums for real photos so I tend not to have more than about 500 in any one. That means I haven’t had major problems with speed of loading anyway.

The iBook is gorgeous … I just love it. We are still loading things onto it and that is taking a while. The colours on the LCD screen seems to be less vibrant than the iMac but I don’t think I would use it for adjusting photos anyway.

I must take a longer look at GC as I haven’t used it for ages … will come back to you when I get stuck 🙂

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 20, 2004
Hi Wendy, Get the newest GC, as it does all these nice things like the full screen stuff and the slide shows so easily.
I just use it when I download the pix out of the camera, call my husband in to look at them. Or when Ive got family wanting to see a lot of pictures.
Then after we have picked out the best ones, PSE takes over.

Speaking of PSE, check out this site here that one of my instructor’s students did, awesome work!!! <http://cgscdoc.tripod.com/lizsphotoalbum/id15.html> What can be done with PSE when you have an artistic user! How did she get Tripod to work so well? Ive never seen a Tripod site as nice as hers. I still have been holding off on the new Mac, why does this one with old OS 9 work so well, nothing messes up except little stuff that I can fix. OS X scares me, as so many of my friends are still using 9. My software is so happy now. Yes, I will bite the bullet and go for the new Mac with OS X,,,,,,,but not when everything is working so well. When I do get the new stuff and machine, they will sit here side by side.
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections