Posted By
Brian
Jan 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Michael,

I seem to remember you talking about viewing individual channels in greyscale, instead of colour. I apologise if I am mixing you up with someone else. I just discovered something by accident.

Open a file and open the Channels Docker. As you already know, click on Red Channel (the actual label) and the "visible" eyes all disappear, except for the red channel, and you get a COLOUR representation of that channel. Same with the other colours.

Well try this instead: Click directly on the visibility eyes, turning off blue and green channels. You get a GREYSCALE represenation of the red channel. Now click on the green eye and click the red eye "off". Now you get a GREYSCALE representation of the green channel.

So you can have a colour or greyscale view of the separate colour channels.

Regards,
Brian.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Brian
Jan 17, 2006
How embarrassing!! Sorry everyone, the original post here was not intended for the Photoshop newsgroup. I participate in several newsgroups and this one was posted here in error.

Have a great day 🙂

Regards,
Brian.

Brian wrote:
Hi Michael,

I seem to remember you talking about viewing individual channels in greyscale, instead of colour. I apologise if I am mixing you up with someone else. I just discovered something by accident.

Open a file and open the Channels Docker. As you already know, click on Red Channel (the actual label) and the "visible" eyes all disappear, except for the red channel, and you get a COLOUR representation of that channel. Same with the other colours.

Well try this instead: Click directly on the visibility eyes, turning off blue and green channels. You get a GREYSCALE represenation of the red channel. Now click on the green eye and click the red eye "off". Now you get a GREYSCALE representation of the green channel.
So you can have a colour or greyscale view of the separate colour channels.
Regards,
Brian.
Z
zhzhqihua
Jan 18, 2006
what’s mean?ft!
B
Brian
Jan 19, 2006
zhzhqihua wrote:
what’s mean?ft!
ft? I never said ft.

ft is usually an abbreviation for feet (measure of distance).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections