Posted By
Jodi Frye
Jul 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Chuck, tell me about your new brushes.

Sorry i can’t help you with the impressionist brush in PE2. I probably could have checked it out if i had of received the PE2 I was suppose to get legally for nothing but the deal got squished. I was tossed out of the sandbox.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 21, 2003
Note that the brushes work in PE 2 but not the Impressionist Brush function – just thought I’d clarify that…
RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 21, 2003
Doubt it Chuck. The brush engine in PE2 and PS7 is radically different that that in PE1 and PS6. As to your impressionist brush problem. Is the fact that it is always "tight short" true for all brushes or just the add-on brushes. If it works with a standard round brush that shipped with Elements, but not with an add-on than the problem is the add-on, but if it doesn’t work with a basic standard brush it is something I’d like to track down.

Rich
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 21, 2003
Rich, thanks – I’ll go back and try it with a default brush. Believe I’ve done that before, but certainly want to take advantage of your generous offer!

🙂

Chuck
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 21, 2003
Rich, same thing happens with Default brush. Here’s another data point: the dropdown for More Options has three choice: Style, Area, and Tolerance. Changes to Area and Tolerance ‘stick’, i.e., when you come back to the More Options dropdown, they’ve stayed changed, even after closing and re-opening Elements. Style, on the other hand, doesn’t stick and apparently doesn’t really change even though the choice in the box shows a change has taken place.

Thanks! Chuck
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 21, 2003
Rich, thanks for checking it out. I’ll give it a try on my laptop and see if I can find the culprit. I’ll let you know what I find so if it comes up again, we’ll have an answer.

Chuck
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 21, 2003
Chuck, ya, next version will be here before ya know it anyways 😉 Oh gosh, they may take the impressionist brush out all together, ..gee, I hope not. It is such a Kool Tool 😉
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 21, 2003
Hey chuck, come to think of it…someone else came on here with the exact same problem…wonder if you could find him and see what plug-ins you have in common ? 😉
PD
Pete D
Jul 21, 2003
OOPS! Chuck,

I thought you were referring to the stock alternate paintbrush…the "impressionist brush" when I just replied. Now I see you are talking about an add on. Sorry

Pete

"Chuck…
Hi, Jodi: The brushes came on the CD of a book I ran into at our local
Half
Price Books this weekend; it’s called "Photoshop 7 Magic" and it has a
large
cast of contributors, including our own Al Ward. As a matter of fact,
they
may be his brushes, because the set is called F_X Brushes. They work in PE
and PS 7 – wonder if they’d work in PS 6?

Chuck

CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 21, 2003
Pete, yes I was talking about the impressionist brush; lost its way, probably associated with an add-on of some sort. Oh, well….

Chuck
PD
Pete D
Jul 21, 2003
Chuck,

Gheeze, I was writing slow I guess and when I refreshed my news reader there were a bunch of posts before my answer. Then same thing again. I am going to have to learn to type faster:)
R
Ray
Jul 22, 2003
I wonder how many 5.25" diskettes would be required to fit Elements on, just so to load it on my Tandy Color Computer 1 ? 🙂

Ray
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 22, 2003
Susan, I have most of those things installed also. I really am going to try a reinstall on the laptop, because it’s not much good for serious editing, just previewing and storing away images while on the road. If that doesn’t do it, I’ll have to either blame the OS or…..full Photoshop 7, which also resides on both computers!

🙂

Chuck
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 22, 2003
Ray, my first computer had 16 Kbytes of memory; yes, that’s K…. Then I moved up to a whopping 48 K….!

🙂

Chuck
P
Phosphor
Jul 22, 2003
Hi, Susan. For me, the impressionist brush in 2 doesn’t work as well as the brush in PE1 did–the only bad thing about the new brush engine in 2. In 1, besides actual brushstrokes, you could use the brush just to dissolve/fragment the focus in the parts of the picture you painted with it, but in 2 it just makes those darned curls, although they can create some interesting effects if you apply other filters over them.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 22, 2003
Chuck,

My first, true multitasking computer had 64Kb. It run in graphic mode as well, had windows and could run up to four tasks in the same time 🙂

It was OS/9 – Level II, for the Color Computer. Code optimization has been lost, long lost since then 🙂

Ray
CH
Connie Harrington
Jul 22, 2003
Chuck: My impressionist brush doesn’t work either, and I do not have any add-on brushes.

Connie

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections