ER
Posted By
E_Rohlfs
May 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, this isn’t for my computer, because I myself don’t have this problem, but my RP friend does.

He has Adobe Photoshop 6, and runs on Windows XP.

Now he originally had some trouble installing Photoshop 6 onto his machine, but his house mate was able to install it for him.

For a week or so it was working fine, but now he’s telling me he’s having some troubles. He goes to select a brush from the brush menu and he then gets a program error, and Photoshop then crashes

This is what he just sent me through AIM with kind of what the message is saying to him:

Runtime Error!
Program:*Junk here*
abnormal program termination

He’s telling me the *junk here* spot was his program settings.

He’s tried re-booting his machine. And I’m afraid to tell him to uninstall it and reinstall it again because of how much trouble he had last time trying to get Photoshop 6 to install.

Anyone have any idea what he could do?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AH
Aki_Hartikainen
May 23, 2005
Some virus programs running when installing Photoshop are known to cause trouble. Are you sure there are no virus programs running when installing?

He might want to try resetting his Photoshop preferences. This article explains the procedure: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/327946.html> although steps for Photoshop 6 might be slightly different (especially location and name of preferences file).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections