C
Posted By
cooliologyer
Jun 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve had this problem 5 days or do now – brush settings are all set to 100% opacity, as are the layers – but I have to apply the brush about 8 times in the same spot for it to reach full opacity, whereas it would usually be solid colour as soon as I applied it to the layer – can anyone help in this situation? Cheers!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
Byron Gale
Jun 4, 2004
Cooliologyer,

On the Brush Options bar, check under More Options to see if you have Tablet Support checked… if so, try with it un-checked.

With that option set, Elements is looking for a pressure component from a graphics tablet — which a mouse doesn’t supply.

HTH,

Byron
C
cooliologyer
Jun 4, 2004
thanks Byron,
but i was reset all preferences and still nothing changed.
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 4, 2004
OK… if it’s not the Tablet Support option being checked, and you’ve already re-set preferences, then I don’t have the solution for you.

There will be plenty of people checking in to the forum tomorrow, though, so I’ll be interested in seeing what some of the others’ ideas are.

Byron
ML
Mark_Levesque
Jun 4, 2004
Are you perhaps using a soft round brush rather than a hard round brush? Soft brushes do require multiple passes for complete coverage whereas hard brushes do not.
PD
Pete_D
Jun 4, 2004
Just a thought:

When you stated you "reset" the preferences; You do mean that you held the ctrl/alt/shift keys immediately after double clicking the icon to start the program, and said yes to delete files right?

(There is a reset for tools on the screen with the program open but that is different).

Pete
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 4, 2004
Try out a different brush. If you are using the Airbrush Pen Opacity Flow brush in the Default brush set by any chance, it paints at a low flow rate which acts just as you described in your post. Some of the other specialty brushes such as the oil and water color bushes tend to also build on opacity even when set at 100%.

Terri
C
cooliologyer
Jun 5, 2004
thanks everybody try everything but no positive result.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 10, 2004
Are you using a Tablet (like a Wacom) ? If so, you might have to calibrate it, or press more firmly on the tablet.

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections