Custom Paint Brush III: One more thing . . .

DC
Posted By
David_Charles
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can do everything, except I can’t see how the make the brush flip to different orientations – when I paint, all of the "paint drops" are always the same orientation. Of course, I can paint for a while, and then change the orientation, and paint for another while, to get some variety, but I would like Photoshop to do this automatically in the same stroke of the brush.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 23, 2004
That would be the rotation options.

There’s a lot of controls in the brushes palette – you might want to read the manual section describing what they all do….
DD
Don Don
Aug 16, 2004
in the BRUSH PALETTE under SHAPE DYMANICS if you check out ANGLE JITTER in the pull down (if you have a tablet) set this to INITIAL DIRECTION or DIRECTION. now depending on the angle you hold the tablet pen the direction of the brush will follow.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:33:13 -0700,
wrote:

I can do everything, except I can’t see how the make the brush flip to different orientations – when I paint, all of the "paint drops" are always the same orientation. Of course, I can paint for a while, and then change the orientation, and paint for another while, to get some variety, but I would like Photoshop to do this automatically in the same stroke of the brush.

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections