Posted By
Jenny_Wilkins
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve pasted one image onto another.
I click on the background layer to make it active& I try to place stars with small starburst brush but nothing happens.
If I create a new image & start over the brush works fine. How can I get it to work on my 2 layer project?
I’ve selected fore & background colors.
I’ve set the size, mode & opacity.

I have saved the image in the past. That doesn’t mean I can’t add to it does it?

plmk
Jenny (novice)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JD
Juergen_D
Jul 15, 2004
Jenny,
You may be painting in an area that is covered by the top layer. Switch off the visibility of the top layer and see if the stars are on the bottom layer. If that is the case, paint on the top layer instead, or, better yet, create a new transparent layer on top and paint on it. That way you can change it or delete it, if it doesn’t turn out right.

Juergen
JW
Jenny_Wilkins
Jul 16, 2004
Thanks Juergen,
Funny but when I came back & tried again it worked, but your tips will be very useful in the future.
Thanks a lot.
Jenny
JD
Juergen_D
Jul 16, 2004
🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections