F
Posted By
Frank
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a few photographs that I scanned and have been trying to create a sort of collage mix in PS CS that I would like to print out. I outline the images I want to use and then copy/paste them to a blank canvas on a new page so I can arrange them the way I want and then change the background afterwards.
The problem is (and very aggravating), that when I completed all the copy/pasting and arranging, and save it, then try to adjust the images more like move them around a bit, it won’t let me. The only thing that actually moves is the whole canvas… I have tried the same thing in PS, Fireworks, and Ulead Photoimpact with the exact same results. What the heck am I doing wrong!? How can I keep it from locking up on me???

TIA

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
norm
Aug 20, 2004
Frank, you should have a bunch of layers in the layers palette representing each pasted item. Are they there? If they are, you should be able to make one of the layers active and then move it. If there are no layers, then the new page might have been flattened somehow. Otherwise I can’t figure out what is going on. I am sure someone else might have a clue.

"Frank" wrote in message
I have a few photographs that I scanned and have been trying to create a sort of collage mix in PS CS that I would like to print out. I outline the images I want to use and then copy/paste them to a blank canvas on a new page so I can arrange them the way I want and then change the background afterwards.
The problem is (and very aggravating), that when I completed all the copy/pasting and arranging, and save it, then try to adjust the images
more
like move them around a bit, it won’t let me. The only thing that actually moves is the whole canvas… I have tried the same thing in PS, Fireworks, and Ulead Photoimpact with the exact same results. What the heck am I
doing
wrong!? How can I keep it from locking up on me???

TIA

F
Frank
Aug 20, 2004
Yes, that’s it thanks. I wasn’t using layers *rolling my eyes* I figured it out several hours after my posting.
I now started to create the layers but haven’t begun to manipulate the completed images yet, but I’ll be back for more stupid questions I’m sure!

Thanks again!

"wnor" wrote in message
Frank, you should have a bunch of layers in the layers palette
representing
each pasted item. Are they there? If they are, you should be able to make one of the layers active and then move it. If there are no layers, then
the
new page might have been flattened somehow. Otherwise I can’t figure out what is going on. I am sure someone else might have a clue.
"Frank" wrote in message
I have a few photographs that I scanned and have been trying to create a sort of collage mix in PS CS that I would like to print out. I outline the images I want to use and then copy/paste them to a blank canvas on a new page so I can arrange them the way I want and then
change
the background afterwards.
The problem is (and very aggravating), that when I completed all the copy/pasting and arranging, and save it, then try to adjust the images
more
like move them around a bit, it won’t let me. The only thing that
actually
moves is the whole canvas… I have tried the same thing in PS,
Fireworks,
and Ulead Photoimpact with the exact same results. What the heck am I
doing

TIA

LC
Larry CdeBaca
Aug 21, 2004
My guess is that you’re flattening layers or saving as jpeg. Save as psd.

"Frank" wrote in message
more
like move them around a bit, it won’t let me. The only thing that actually moves is the whole canvas… I have tried the same thing in PS, Fireworks, and Ulead Photoimpact with the exact same results. What the heck am I
doing

TIA

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections