W
Posted By
wjohn42737
Jul 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In making a collage of many pictures I want to change the size of a photo by clicking on the sizing frame but KEEP THE PROPORTION (height and width) the same. The only way I can do this is by using the tool bar menu and typing in the new size. This is time consuming.

Thanks Bill Johnson

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ray
Jul 1, 2003
James,

Actually, click on one of the anchor point, then press and hold the SHIFT key. This will activate the constraint proportion option. You’ll be able to resive your image, but it won’t get distorted.

Oh, before I forget, this is a Windows command. I’m not sure if SHIFT is the key for Mac.

Ray
W
wjohn42737
Jul 11, 2003
Thanks Ramond I read two books and couldn’t find this trick with the Shift Key.
BF
Bert Feiner
Aug 21, 2003
I purchased a DVD/VCR unit which allows me to project JPEG images from a CD that I have burned. These images, which are excellent when viewed on my 19 in. PC Monitor are not sharp nor clear when viewed on my 35 in. TV.

What has to be done to correct this?

I use the following :
1.Photoshop Elements 2
2.Olympus Digital Camera D490-Zoom 2.3 Magapixels
3.Windows XP Home Edition
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 21, 2003
Bert, I read this a few months back on the full photoshop forum so if i can remember correctly it has to do with the way your TV broadcasts as compared to a Computer monitor. From what I can recall if you get actual slideshow software for burning to CD and then playing to TV DVD then the picture would improve. I had looked at this site not too long ago <http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/index.html> which looks like a good buy although I’m sure there are better ones.
T
Tel
Aug 22, 2003
There is, unfotunately, nothing you can do to change the resolution of your TV (apart from moving somewhere where they use the 1000 line system, if anyone still does…). Your pc monitor has probably at least double the resolution.
Moving images look sharp even at low resolution but not still pictures. Looking at the TV from further away and half closing your eyes to squint at it may help 🙂 Tel.
P
Phosphor
Aug 23, 2003
Bert – there was a partial discussion of this a while back on another thread that went off topic kind of like this one has. The people who have said it’s a issue of the resolution of your TV compared to the resolution of your monitor are correct. Apparently, though, there are some applications that can produce pictures on VCDs that are of a higher quality than others. Here’s a chunk of that other thread:

Jurgen Mayer – 07:49pm Aug 20, 2003 Pacific (#31 of 33)

Good day Beth and Ray,
Coming back to a note way up in this list regarding VCD: I tested several programs and Album is not the best for this. I get great pictures using the software that came with my DVD writer, creating a movie slideshow and burn it on a CD as SVCD. I also tested a corresponding DVD, but could not see a difference. It is the software, not the hardware.
Some info about DVD and VCD is at
<http://www.dvdrhelp.com/>
at the left side.
Arizona Jürgen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections